Abadan Refinery Expansion
National Iranian Oil Engineering & Construction
70,000 BBLD, 25,000 BBLD
Engineering, Procurement Services
Nargan, TPL, ABB Lummus
Completed and in Operation
The project is comprised of renovation of existing crude and vacuum distillation units and a number of grass root units. The renovation of the crude & vacuum distillation units has now been stopped and the Project now comprises of the following grass root units and ancillary facilities:
- Two Atmospheric Crude Distillation Units each with a capacity of 180,000 BPSD.
- Two Vacuum Distillation Units each with a capacity as required by handling the atmospheric residue from Atmospheric Crude Distillation Units.
- One Kerosene/Gas Oil Hydro Desulphurizer with a capacity of 70,000 BPSD (HDS).
- One C5/C6 Hydrotreater/Isomerization Unit with a capacity of 20,000 BPSD (HDT/Isom).
- One Hydrogen Producing Unit with a capacity of 35500 Nm3/Hour.
- One Sour Gas Treating Units with ample capacity to handle the sour gas from the above units.
- One Sour Water Stripper Unit to handle the sour water produced in the above units.
- One Sulphur Recovery Unit capable of handling the gases from Sour Gas Treating Unit and Sour Water Stripper Unit.
- One Cooling Tower to provide the above units together with a number of existing refinery units with their required cooling water.
- One Nitrogen Producing Unit to meet the requirements of the above units and the other units in the Abadan Refinery.
- Waste Water Treating Units for treating the industrial and sanitary wastewater of Abadan Refinery.
- Provision of fire fighting facilities as required for the above facilities.
- Flare System to serve the above units.
- Tankage and pumping facilities as required serving the HDS and HDT/Isom units.
- Control buildings, substations, analyzer houses and any other buildings required to serve the above units.